The Animation Intern position is an opportunity to increase your knowledge of the field of 2D animation while actively contributing to client work. If you have the willingness to learn, the ability to improve with feedback, and a strong foundational knowledge of design in motion, you could be an asset at Bonfire Productions.
- Collaborate with colleagues to determine video concepts
- Work with other animators and editors to develop creative solutions
- Export video according to various publishing guidelines for video quality, file size, audio range, etc.
- Provide animated elements to the editing team, as well as fully animated pieces, for web, social, and TV executions
- Work with Animator to learn animation techniques and best practices
- Assist Animator with projects as needed
Reporting relationships/Office Environment
This position reports to the Animator and Managing Director/Executive Producer.
Qualifications / Experience
- Have or are pursuing a degree in some form of Visual Communications (Animation, Graphic Design, Fine Arts, Computer Graphics, etc)
- Strong understanding of the fundamentals of design (typography, color, composition, etc)
- A knack for visual storytelling
- Familiarity with the process of storyboarding
- Proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Adobe After Effects, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to clearly articulate design decisions
- Skills in illustration, 3D animation, video editing a plus
- A portfolio or reel
Duration of internship: TBD
20+ hrs/week commitment (Flexible schedule Monday through Friday)